5) The Crazies - This was a remake but I felt it was an exceptionally good remake. It doesn't fall in to the trap of trying to make everything cool. The original was a quality film but I felt this movie was actually a lot grittier, not overly gory, not overly reliant on jump scares and just solid all around.
4) How to Train Your Dragon - I liked it! It was cute, it was fun and it was.....the same as "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" but it had dragons and you know what IT'S MY LIST!
3) Toy Story 3 - Pixar is pretty much the best movie studio ever! honestly, the fact that none of their movies have won a "Best Picture" is ridiculous, it's not just that there movies are consistently good but to have children's movies that don't talk down to their audience? never happens. On top of that it was a new adventure with characters we've come to love and a nice message about learning to let go, yet still staying young at heart.
2) Scott Pilgram Vs the World - Seriously, I've never read the source material but I kinda felt that this movie was made with me in mind.
1) Shutter Island - Scorsese needs to do more thrillers like this, Leonardo DiCaprio gives a stellar performance and while it probably wasn't "the best" it was my favorite. Just so everyone knows I really only watch Children's movies and Horror films...........this list REALLY reflects that.
Now I've seen to many bad movies to really make a list but I'd say the WORST film of the year for me was a 3 way tie between "Clash of the Titans" "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief" and "The Wolfman" this has to do with butchering the source material, and not really adding anything. two are remakes, and the original films are just better and then the Percy Jackson movie if I hadn't read the book I PROBABLY would've been ok with it, but I read the book and most of the series actually and can't figure out why they made the changes they did? The Wolfman and Clash I was actually offended by both films. I literally felt like they were insulting me.